On this page, and its companion the “Wanted” page, are listed items which may be able to change hands. In this context Dorchester and Weymouth Bee Keepers are only the messengers and it is up to you to confirm that everything is as it should be.
If you have items for sale then just let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best to send in a complete description suitable for newbies as they are most likely to be interested. In addition send in photos, preferably JPEG but I can handle most sizes, formats and resolutions. In addition supply contact details which will be published with your advert.
Once you have sold the item then do let me know. I will then remove the listing.
Pieces for Sale
Keith and Dennis have the following for sale:
50 x DN5 (Deep National Frames) £70
National Brood Box (flat packed) £40
They can be contacted on : 07508 451851
National Polystyrene Hive purchased from National Bee Supplies and never used . It has never been outside having been stored in a shed. It has three coats of paint and ready to go. Asking price £100 phone 01305 592431 or 07707724325 (Broadmayne Dorchester).
Sarah of Swanage has the following for sale. She can be contacted at 01929 421433.
She is asking for £100 for the lot – and that has to be a bargain. The buyer collects.
- 1 Thornes bee escape board
- 2 converter ekes
- 2 brand new travel screens [ never used ]
- 1 Cloake Board
- 1 Snelgrove board
- 1 Honey warming cabinet 2.5 feet long x 2.6 feet high x 1.5 wide
- Complete Thornes Wax Extractor with stand and floor
- 1 Hive carrier
- 1 hive stand and floor
- A selection of books
A Retiring Beekeeper
- 3 Thornes WBC Hives complete with varroa floors, 14 x 12 brood boxes , queen excluders, 3 supers, crown boards and entrance slides, plus 1 hive has a colony of bees
- Thornes radial extractor (manual)with stand
- Stainless steel double slide strainer, conical straining bag with strap and de-capping tools
- 20 litre tank with valve & 2 x 30 lb buckets with lids
- Frame showcase
- 4 new flat pack supers still wrapped
- New flat packed Manley frames and wired foundation
- New 14 x 12 frames and foundation
- 1 x swarm bucket
- Box 60 1lb jars + lids
- Box “Hivealive” fondant expiry date 8/23
- Box of 9 “Apiguard” expiry date 7/23
- Plus lots of odds and ends – the sort of things we all collect over the years.
A shaker box for collecting young bees to stock mating nucs. It comprises: ventilated box; funnel which is fitted with an excluder to weed out any stray drones and a lid (not shown in the photos). The excluder could be cut out of the funnel to convert it into a swarm collection box.
£20, collection from Portland from Rowland who can be contacted at email@example.com.
Rowland also has books for sale:
Br Adam ‘Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey’ paperback copy of this book that gives an overview of Adam’s methods. General wear but good. £7.50. Collection from Portland or if it suits you better we can take a PayPal payment and post to you (UK address) at no extra cost.
National Hive with Bees
National Hive for sale with 2 brood boxes housing a strong colony. The asking price is £200. Further details are available from Peter Davidge on 075805 10021