Exam taking is not for everyone but reading the syllabus can help your learning.
BBKA - British Beekeepers Association
- Basic Assessment - for beekeepers with 12 months' experience.
- Module 1- Honey Bee Management
- Module 2- Honey Bee Products and Forage
- Module 3- Honey Bee Pest Diseases and Poisoning
- Module 4- There is no module 4
- Module 5- Honey Bee Biology
- Module 6- Honey Bee Behaviour
- Module 7- Selection and Breeding of Honey Bees
- Module 8- Beekeeping and Honey Bee Management
- Junior Certificate
- Honey Bee Health
- General Husbandry Certificate
- Advanced Husbandry Certificate
- Microscopy Certificate
- Honey Bee Breeding Certificate
- Show Judge Certificate
- It is recommended that you have kept bees for at least 2 years before you take a module.
- Modules can be taken in any order - except Module 8 which must be last.
- You can take a maximum of two modules per session.
- There are two sessions each year - March and November.
- Modules 1,2,3 plus one module from 5,6 or 7 ⮚ BBKA Intermediate Theory Certificate.
- Intermediate Theory Certificate plus General Husbandry Certificate ⮚ Qualified Beekeeper Certificate.
- Pass all modules ⮚ BBKA Advanced Theory Certificate.
- Advanced Theory Certificate and Advanced Certificate in Beekeeping ⮚ BBKA Master Beekeeper Certificate.
NDB -National Diploma in Beekeeping
- NDB offer a variety of course and exams on their website.